Old 10-11-2009, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Titchmarsh comeback?

On 2009-11-10 16:43:58 +0000, "mark" said:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Alan contains these words:

In message , Martin
wrote
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:18:36 -0000, "mark"
wrote:

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyT...ammesOverview?

1.84 million w/e 06 Sep 2009
2.11 million w/e 13 Sep 2009
??
??
2.17 million w/e 04 Oct 2009
2.26 million w/e 11 Oct 2009
2.27 million w/e 18 Oct 2009
2.2 million w/e 25 Oct 2009

But Ground Force, the type of gardening programme that people really
want, had viewing figures closer to 12million!

That was because of the fashion interest; Tommy's shorts and
Charlie's free-range teeshirts.

In GF the garden owner, in every case, just happened to be going away for
two days.

It was cunningly arranged with an excuse that an average 4 year old would have
seen through.
The only question in the person's mind must have been which TV he/she
would find
his/herself on when he/she returned. Purple living room wall or purple fence?

They would always return at 5.00pm., even Nelson Mandela arrived back at 5.
At 4.40 pm., there would always be major jobs that still needed doing.
There would always be a heavily loaded wheel barrow which could only be
pushed by Charlie requiring her to thrust her 'free range' chest out.

mark

It did become very formulaic in the end and felt like stuffing yourself
on a whole box of chocolates at once. I found it quite interesting
from the pov of seeing what design they'd come up with but the whole
'tension' thing became a bit tiresome.

The whole tension thing drives almost every BBC TV programme.
I blame Challenge Anneke who may or may not have started the whole thing.

Doyou remember the old cliff-hanger radio programmes? I blame those. ;-)
--
Sacha