Old 11-11-2009, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_7_] Sue[_7_] is offline

Default Titchmarsh comeback?

"Sacha" wrote
They read this group as we know from a former member's experience
(IIRC) and they'd be wasting their time if they didn't listen to
opinions sent in to them. Nothing else would have caused a change in
approach, as happened with coverage of Chelsea.

Well I sincerely hope they *don't* bring back the smarmy Titchmarsh, he
really grates on me. I agree it's the inappropriate production that
needs to be sorted out. Toby Buckland is a good presenter if he's
allowed to talk in more depth about actual gardening; he's a
knowledgeable bloke.

I feel an hour length programme with more time for getting into various
topics would be far better, and none of that "what's hot and what's not"
type nonsense. Plus another vote here for correct plant names on screen
long enough to jot them down.

One bugbear - I do wish they'd make sure to show what a whole
plant looks like when deciding camera angles. It's all very well to get
these arty close-up shots of a flower, but what about a sight of its
foliage and entire appearance? Sometimes you get shown something
unfamiliar but are left with no idea at all of the scale of the thing!