Old 12-11-2009, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Planting while flowering

In article ,
says...

In general, what do people think of planting anything while it is in
flower?

It feels like it's a bad idea because if the plant's already putting
the effort in to creating flowers adding the hassle of settling in to a
new place might be mean.

I ask because I realised I have always avoided it but no one ever told
me to!

Maybe it isn't that bad?

Jess

--
Jess N

With container grown plants I think it makes little difference for a
hardy plant.
It certainly used to be the case that plants were moved/planted while
dormant when they were being lifted rootballed and sold but that was
before I started gardening!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk