Old 17-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Allegra

Default More roses than I know what to do with!

Hello again E,

It is a huge undertaking and one well worth the
trouble if your roses are healthy and can give you
many years of pleasure, as most roses tend to do.

Once your roses are blooming you can decide
for instance which ones are your favorites either
because of form or color. By photographing them
you can keep a record of those you would like
to keep and those you may want to give away.
Be aware however that in order to give some
away, you must first be able to tell the once and
future owner what they are.

Where are you abouts in Portland? The Central
Library on 10th is a treasure trove of info and
you can borrow many a good book there. If you
are far away from downtown then go on line, find
the books you want to read about roses, and then
request they be sent to your local library if your
local branch does not have them.

The initial investment in time is well worth the joy
of having beautiful flowers in and out of the house.
I have been growing roses for over 30 years and
have never regreted it. They have given me heartaches
and headaches, but most of all, they have given me
beauty and a sense of purpose in the garden. I hope
you find the time and the curiosity to get to know
this beautiful plant.

Allegra