Old 13-11-2009, 09:10 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Pridham[_2_] View Post
In article ,
says...

'Martin[_2_ Wrote:
;869282']On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:51:10 +0000, Broadback
wrote:
-
Sacha wrote:-
Just yesterday, as we drove to Hemerdon, near Plymouth, to have lunch
with friends, we remarked on how many of the trees were still holding
onto their leaves and that a lot are still very green. Well, I think
those that aren't green will be swiftly dealt with by today's
weather!
It's pouring with rain and blow a hooley. I think we're going to have
lot more leaves on the lawns today and it's not much of a day for
gardening, either!-
A lovely morning here in North Staffordshire, but starting to look
threatening now, early afternoon!-

It's windy with clear skies and very mild in Zuid Holland. Most of the
leaves
have gone already.
--

Martin

Hi all, I played a round of golf at Killiow near Truro this morning and
we were only commenting on how very green the oaks were looking. This
Autumn, the colour has been very subdued, due I would think to the
exceptionally mild September and October, am I right in thinking that
it is the colder weather that is responsible for leaves converting
chlorophyll to sugar and in turn very good Autumn colour. In a 'normal'
Autumn I know from my salmon fishing on the river Camel that the second
week of October usually sees the bulk of the leaves falling (making the
water just about unfishable) But lets hope that looking forward, that we
don't get the very cold weather that we experienced in Cornwall last
year.
best wishes Lannerman (soon to move to Treliever)

--
lannerman

If your posting name is based on your location you must be just up the
road from me? !!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Chacewater
www.roselandhouse.co.uk