Old 13-11-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:27:05 GMT, Janet Baraclough

wrote:

The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

The NTS must have been reading advice on urg

reading = copying from? )
--

I can't believe it's attracted all this comment, it's a non-question.

As we've all discovered, plant material composts. It sets off by itself,
with or without urine. I've had as small an amount as a wheelbarrow full of
weeds set off. Urinating on the compost stems from there being no toilets on
allotments. AFAIK it does no harm, but if you don't do it the stuff composts
anyway.

Steve