Old 13-11-2009, 09:41 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles[_5_] View Post
Just finished raking and bagging almost 20 bushels of acorns from one of my
oak trees. The tree measures about 35'x 35'.

For the last six years that I have lived here the tree has produces no more
than maybe 4 or 5 bushels of acorns in one season.

I have another oak tree in my back yard that is about the same size and it
looks like there are about the same amount of acorns on the ground there as
I raked up from the tree in my front yard.

Has anyone else noticed such an over abundance of acorns on their oak trees
this year?

Freckles
Hi Freckles, just to confirm your observations re acorns, I too have noticed the massive crop being carried by oaks and also here in Cornwall the berries
on the holly trees this year is staggering, of course, all the old sages will be fortelling of the bad winter to come but I HOPE these excessive crops are a
reflection of a good early spring, plenty of rain in August and then an incredibly warm clement Autumn.
Best wishes Lannerman