Old 14-11-2009, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Severe weather warning

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:30:47 +0000, Sacha wrote:

As if anyone needs telling....but severe weather warnings are out for
the south and south west. It's not sounding exactly balmy out there
now.

Threw it down here last night. Now dry with force 6 southerly. Spring
tides too. Hope nobody is parked on Victoria Avenue!

Lots of wind overnight here (BH22 ). One of our bird feeders has fallen off
the fence, but so far no other damage apart from loose stuff blowing about.
The greenhouse at home is intact, and so far there is no call from the over
the fence neighbour to say anything is amiss at the allotment. We had
lightning at 0315.

Still very windy here though, there may be worse to come. Or not.

Steve