Old 14-11-2009, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Severe weather warning

On 2009-11-14 08:56:43 +0000, Derek Turner said:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:30:47 +0000, Sacha wrote:

As if anyone needs telling....but severe weather warnings are out for
the south and south west. It's not sounding exactly balmy out there
now.

Threw it down here last night. Now dry with force 6 southerly. Spring
tides too. Hope nobody is parked on Victoria Avenue!

Well they won't be if they were - if you see what I mean! There'll be
a lot of washing salt off cars when this is all over. It blew like mad
last night but it seems to be worse, if anything, now. I can't see any
garden damage from our windows but have no intention of going out for a
walk around the place until both wind and rain have abated. The
weather vane is going mad between due south and due west, with just an
occasional gust that sends it off to the east. Ooops and it's just
done a hurl round to the north! We're grateful for the laurel hedge at
the very bottom of the garden but not much protects us from the north
and little from the west.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com