Old 14-11-2009, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

On 2009-11-13 15:47:11 +0000, "shazzbat"
said:

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:27:05 GMT, Janet Baraclough

wrote:

The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

*The NTS must have been reading advice on urg

reading = copying from? )
--

I can't believe it's attracted all this comment, it's a non-question.

As we've all discovered, plant material composts. It sets off by
itself, with or without urine. I've had as small an amount as a
wheelbarrow full of weeds set off. Urinating on the compost stems from
there being no toilets on allotments. AFAIK it does no harm, but if you
don't do it the stuff composts anyway.

Steve

Certainly but AIUI, it's acting as an accelerant. *I must admit I don't
quite see why this compost is needed so quickly but.....!
--

But the excuse is that it saves on flushing the loo.
There an article on this within the telegraph also. It surprises me

Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon