Old 14-11-2009, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

On 2009-11-14 10:49:38 +0000, said:

I thought I was the only older gent here until I seen Sacha's post. What
young folk don't seem to think about is when you get older the Doctors
put you on all sorts of prescription medicines so how can your drug
tainted sterilized urine on the compost pile be safe to use?.

I've heard of urine being used for compost piles many years ago but that
it was only being used by 3rd world people who were to poor to buy a box
of Miracle grow.

You're certainly not the only older gent here but neither am I, being
of the female persuasion. ;-) I'm afraid my name causes a lot of
confusion. I think that if the pee is free and safe to use, why spend
money on something else? It's a well known breaker down of compost but
I raised the medical thing because what flitted through my mind is how
very careful some people are about not using animal manure that
contains veterinary medicines.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com