Old 14-11-2009, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Severe weather warning

On 2009-11-14 12:36:46 +0000, Granity
said:

'Sacha[_4_ Wrote:
;869460']As if anyone needs telling....but severe weather warnings are
out for
the south and south west. It's not sounding exactly balmy out there
now.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

A good site for wind speeds both current and forecast is he
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ Just hover your mouse pointer over the
arrow you're interested in.

Thank you. I've book marked that one because it really does seem to
have some local relevance. We now have absolutely zero gale, in fact
the wind has died away completely. What we did have was an hour's
power cut and engineers who drove into our car park, turned round and
drove out again, forgetting, as they do so often, that we have a
transformer of theirs here and that needs their attention. In their
favour, one phone call brought them back quickly and just over one hour
in candle light was really quite pleasant.