Old 14-11-2009, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Ah, but my instinct related from the degree to which pro-pee postings
had a tone of gleeful proclamation and some people seemed eager to
repeat the exercise as if the scent of their last posting had faded
away.

I think it's just that this is one of many topics that have come up
regularly for over a decade
Just like worms for the compost bin, there's only so much to be said
and some have been saying it a long while.

I've found the thread interesting and entertaining,
and I'd like to think that pee does help compost,
but I haven't seen any evidence that it does.

Which constituent of urine is supposed to accelerate composting?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net