Old 15-11-2009, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

On Nov 14, 10:19*pm, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from aquachimp contains these words:

Territory in this sense is not a warning on a boundary fence, mate, or
door, but an unfocused declaration to outline maleness or earthiness
or some-such.
Perhaps their own animal instincts are awry and that they do not post
so dam nearly obsessively on the subject to ward of competitors, to
protect their plants, nor necessarily to directly influence female
readers to be attracted to them given how marking can work that way
too.

* *How does your theory account for the fact that women pee in the
compost heap too?
* *(please don't tell me it's to attract breeding males)

Well, my understanding is that animals, both male and female use their
pee to communicate such matters of information, but as you can see it
wouldn't apply to women seeking to attract breeding males _unless_
they were really doing so to as a warning on a boundary, mate or door
as well.
But overall, I don't read through every thread on the subject so, from
what little I have paid attention too, often though I saw it
mentioned, I just came away with the impression it was chiefly a
mainly-male-posters led pet subject.
* *Janet