Old 16-11-2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Linda Hungerford Linda Hungerford is offline

Default are these really persimmons?

On Nov 15, 6:50*pm, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"brafield" wrote in message

I bought a persimmon tree years ago as an ornamental, (I'm in BC,
Canada, near the 49th paralel, so its fruit would not ripen here).

The tree produces a heavy crop each year,

They look more like quinces. *do they have a strong scent (uncut - just from
the fruit sitting on the bench)? *If they do, then I'd say that they're
quinces.

True, but, the quince that I am familiar with is a shrub, not a tree.
usually lurking,
Linda H.
USA zone 5b