Old 16-11-2009, 12:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Are we being conned (again)

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:

I do know that our Fed politicians have been told that the future
will bring much drier conditions to both the south east of Oz and the
south west. That's our food growing areas so not a pretty picture.

If I read the figures right the wheat belts, particularly the south west,
are the reason that Oz is a net exporter of food. If those become
marginal the current trend of digging up good farmland in wetter areas to
make suburbs for urban sprawl and to get the coal underneath will need
serious rethinking. It might be better if our fearless leaders thought
about this before it happens.

Sadly they won't given that election cycle and other things. But I do agree
whole heartedly.