Old 15-11-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message
,
aquachimp writes

if the compost acceleration is merely a by-
product to savings on water usage (loo flushing) then the focus is
environmental friendliness and not just to compost quickly

I must admit that since I had a water meter installed, the motivation to
"water" my compost heap has increased. It's a dreadful waste of
drinkable water to flush a cistern full with every pee.

And as we get older the frequency increases...

We have a water meter, and when it was fitted, I told my wife about the
rules in an American State which is 'if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's
brown flush it down' and that is how we deal with that problem, fortunately
we do not get many visitors!(:-)

Alan

--
Gordon H