Old 15-11-2009, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message

from aquachimp contains these words:

On Nov 14, 4:44 pm, Janet Baraclough
On 2009-11-14 10:50:36 +0000, aquachimp
said:
I'm used the word "excuse" deliberately because somehow, call it
instinct, I often got the impression that what the somewhat potty
pro-
pee proclaimers were really after was an excuse to 'mark' their
territory, as opposed to working in a very large garden, or that of
someone else's where it would be impractical to travel all the way
back and remove muddy footwear, or unwelcomed to do so.

Your animal instincts are awry.

Ah, but my instinct related from the degree to which pro-pee postings
had a tone of gleeful proclamation and some people seemed eager to
repeat the exercise as if the scent of their last posting had faded
away.

I think it's just that this is one of many topics that have come up
regularly for over a decade
Just like worms for the compost bin, there's only so much to be said
and some have been saying it a long while.

Territory in this sense is not a warning on a boundary fence, mate, or
door, but an unfocused declaration to outline maleness or earthiness
or some-such.

Perhaps their own animal instincts are awry and that they do not post
so dam nearly obsessively on the subject to ward of competitors, to
protect their plants, nor necessarily to directly influence female
readers to be attracted to them given how marking can work that way
too.

How does your theory account for the fact that women pee in the
compost heap too?
(please don't tell me it's to attract breeding males)

Is that why, every time I go into the garden I make for the compost
heap?(:-)

Alan

Janet