Old 16-11-2009, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stuart_noble@ntlworld.com is offline

Default clematis

I have what is only described on the label as a "summer flowering
clematis", burgundy colour . First year it flowered, and I cut it back
in the autumn. Next year, masses of foliage, but no blooms, so I
didn't cut it back. This year, again, masses of foliage and now,
halfway through November, a few blooms at the very top of the plant.
Given the lack of information I have about it, I don't know what to do
for the best (or when to do it). Any advice welcome.