Old 16-11-2009, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

In message , Timothy Murphy
writes
Gordon H wrote:

I must admit that since I had a water meter installed, the motivation to
"water" my compost heap has increased. It's a dreadful waste of
drinkable water to flush a cistern full with every pee.

I remember being told many years ago
that the sewer system required a certain amount of water to pass through it,
so cisterns served a necessary purpose.

You are correct of course. On my property the surface water drains
run into the sewage drains, so there is usually a reasonable flow,
despite the arid Manchester climate.

Let there be a drought in any town or city, and one suddenly becomes
aware of the drains...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply