Old 17-04-2003, 09:32 PM
ned

Default Natures Predictions

JennyC wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Sharon
Brackenbury writes
I am putting together a book with a working title of " Natures
Predictions - Traditional Ways of Predicting Life's Natural
Occurrences". Examples would be cows laying down meaning rain,
how high you carry a baby predicts the sex, and how high crows
build their nests predicting a good summer etc. If anyone would
like to let me have any of these sayings that they can remember,
then I would be happy to put their name along side it in my book.

Lots of Berries on the bushes and trees a bad winter

Why does cows lying down mean rain?
Mike

They don't like laying down on wet grass. By lying down before it
rains, they have a dry tummy :~)
Jenny

Oh well said, Jenny.
That's two votes for dry tummies (and dangly bits).
'You know it makes sense'.
;-)

--
ned