Old 16-11-2009, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Spider's garden pics

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

Hello everyone!

With some considerable help from my IT manager (RG), I've finally put a
few
pics on the web for all to see. Try the link below:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Spider.AAG

Nice ponds. Do they have a plastic lining or did you waterproof the
building material?

Janet

Thank you, Janet. There is no plastic lining. The base was cast in one
piece (it is 9-10" thick), then walling blocks made the walls; coping stones
capped it. Then, before filling with water we used a bitumen sealant, not
to waterproof it, but to seal the walls to prevent lime leaching into the
water. That sealant wore off in little more than a year, but the pond is
still water-tight, 15 years later. We kept fish for a few years (till the
local heron scoffed them) and they were healthy and happy, so we can only
assume the water was safe by then.

Spider