Old 17-11-2009, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Garllic too deep

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:13:08 +0000, Ed ex@directory wrote:

Did I plant my garlic too deep?

As instructed on the pack, I planted them so that the top of each clove
was 2 inches below ground.

That was 4 weeks or ago (early October).. But there are no shoots showing.

Have I killed them? Or do I just have to wait?

I was hoping to get them established before the freezy cold weather sets in.

First the bulbs make roots. You may not see any top growth for some
time. Be patient! You did the right thing.

Pam in Bristol