Old 17-11-2009, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default To pee or not to pee?

In article ,
lid says...
In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from
contains these words:

What ever is in the ground will be absorbed by the plant so I don't feel
urine is safe. I think the reason woman's pee is not used is because
woman take a lot of prescriptions that have Hormones in them. When woman
become of an advanced age they go through (midlife) changes that are
only corrected by lots of hormone pills

What a load of tripe. I think you are in need of a little medicinal
correction yourself.

Janet

Quite. The National Trust article/publication or whatever inferred
that women's pee is less effective and therefore less often used.

Some practical research yesterday proved that I can irrigate my compost
bin directly, out of view of anyone, thanks to the pampas grass which is
in full splendour at present. :-)

I fear a warning about Pampas grass may be required at this point least
you dangle something delicate anywhere near the wretched stuff!!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk