Old 17-11-2009, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default To pee or not to pee?

In message , Charlie
Pridham writes
In article ,
says...

Some practical research yesterday proved that I can irrigate my compost
bin directly, out of view of anyone, thanks to the pampas grass which is
in full splendour at present. :-)

I fear a warning about Pampas grass may be required at this point least
you dangle something delicate anywhere near the wretched stuff!!

I know, I tried to kill it several times[1], but had to duck out of the
way of it's blades.
It's located several yards away from the compost bin, but blocks out the
view of the bin area from the ginral public.

I dosed the other plant with weedkiller, then set the dead part alight,
with a hosepipe at the ready. I got it down to a stump, but
burned a hole in my fence even though I had soaked it with the hose.

I didn't realise this until a fire engine arrived, called by a neighbour
who saw the fence burning from the other side!
They larfed at me, they did, once I had extinguished it, but warned me
to soak it well before leaving it.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply