Old 18-11-2009, 05:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Potato experiment.

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:05:39 -0500, Balvenieman
: wrote:

wrote:

Because of this, we've been meaning for several years to try some fall
planted potatoes and finally, this year, we managed to plant several
different varieties in about 50 feet of row. It'll be interesting to
see how well they perform.

I'd be interested in your results. How will you protect the
foliage? When do you expect to harvest?

I will post whatever results we get next summer.
We have covered the row where they are planted with shredded leaves.
Other than that, we'll just leave them to their own devices, the same
as the volunteers that we get every year.
Since we planted some of each early, mid-season and late varieties,
the harvest time will be somewhat extended. We'll harvest after the
foliage dies off as usual.
Referring to your email address, how'd you like to try this one from
our provincial liquor control board?
72 BALVENIE VINTAGE CASK (WILLIAM GRANT&SONS
VINTAGES 954917 | 700 mL bottle
Price: $ 799.90

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.