Old 18-11-2009, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default More gales...

On 2009-11-18 17:12:33 +0000, said:

Sacha wrote:
It's blowing again - what is it about high winds that makes people feel
on edge, I wonder. I hate the damage they do but I hate being pushed
and pummelled when I'm outside, too. By the wind that is, Ray's pretty
easy-going. ;-)

I hate strong wind, always have done. Which considering I grew up on
the coast, you'd think I'd have got used to it. I suspect it's related
to having always had long hair, it's really unpleasant in the wind.

I was born and grew up on a small island and I still hate it. It's
just so aggressive, somehow. I even prefer fog to that and love the
sound of the fog horns. What's left in the garden in flower is getting
a real bashing and leaves are flying around like mad things. Even the
dog is thinking twice about going outside and has to be 'encouraged'!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com