Old 19-11-2009, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default More gales...

On 2009-11-18 17:12:33 +0000, said:

Sacha wrote:
It's blowing again - what is it about high winds that makes people feel
on edge, I wonder. I hate the damage they do but I hate being pushed
and pummelled when I'm outside, too. By the wind that is, Ray's pretty
easy-going. ;-)

I hate strong wind, always have done. Which considering I grew up on
the coast, you'd think I'd have got used to it. I suspect it's related
to having always had long hair, it's really unpleasant in the wind.

I was born and grew up on a small island and I still hate it. It's just
so aggressive, somehow. I even prefer fog to that and love the sound of
the fog horns. What's left in the garden in flower is getting a real
bashing and leaves are flying around like mad things. Even the dog is
thinking twice about going outside and has to be 'encouraged'!
--

Personally I hate wind, but my two cats go nuts when it's really windy, and
race around in the garden like the racing demons they are. Fortunately they

s.