Old 19-11-2009, 06:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Making a rain barrel

In article
,
richardg wrote:

On Nov 18, 12:34*pm, Charlie wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:49:36 -0800 (PST), richardg
Thanks Charlie,

Capitolcontainer sells used plastic 55 gallon barrels for $15. I have
lived in Albany for 39 years and I never knew about them.
Richard

wrote:
I would like to make a rain barrel. I have no idea where to get a used
food grade barrel. There are no bottling plants in my area. Are there
other possible sources I could try?
Richard

You appear to be in the Albany area....if so, how about these.

http://www.barrelsupply.com/barrels.htm

http://www.capitolcontainer.com/cccrecon.htm

Try any recycler, as many of the drums end up with them.

Charlie

Check your local car wash places. The containers of soap and wax comes
in 55 gallon barrels. Most will give the barrels away for free. As for
food grade, I don't know.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.