Old 19-11-2009, 06:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Making a rain barrel

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:49:36 -0800 (PST), richardg
wrote:

I would like to make a rain barrel. I have no idea where to get a used
food grade barrel. There are no bottling plants in my area. Are there
other possible sources I could try?
Richard

You appear to be in the Albany area....if so, how about these.

http://www.barrelsupply.com/barrels.htm

http://www.capitolcontainer.com/cccrecon.htm

Try any recycler, as many of the drums end up with them.

Charlie

A 50 gal. or 60 gal. barrel won't go far in addressing your water needs.
It may be easier to dig a cistern and pump the water out.
--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm