Old 17-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Advice on hedging/screening

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:51:53 +0000, Andy Phillips wrote:

We'd therefore like to grow some screening plants on the line of the garden
fence that will at least break up, if not completely hide, the neighbour's
house. We don't want to go down the Leylandii route, but we would like

One very space saving way of doing things is to install a trellis and / or
support system (depends on what is already there) and grow lots of
climbers. This also helps with your problem *this* year, as you can grow
lots of annual climbers such as sweet peas to hide things now, whilst the
permanent perennial planting is getting started.

HTH,

Sarah