Old 19-11-2009, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Grafting apples

"Rajinder Nijjhar" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I did bud grafting couple of weeks ago and winter has set in. It was a
bit difficult to uplift the bark but I did manage. I will leave it for a
month as during the winter nothing is going to happen.

Also, I want to do layering. Shall I do it now and leave it for the
winter months?

Rajinder

I see no real reason why you shouldn't. I have certainly layered plants in
winter with success. Many plants that are layered take at least a year to
form their own roots, so they'll be layered during next winter, if not this.

Spider