Old 20-11-2009, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Cyclamen - the bad news and the good news

writes
In article ,
Sacha wrote:

If you do a Google image search on the species Kay mentioned, you might
get an idea from the leaves and flowers there. It sounds as if you've
bought garden ones if the flowers are small.

Small flowered C. persica ones are quite common, too, and those are
the ones that are NOT hardy.

Yes, that's what my best guess would be. They're all over the garden
centres a this time of year as they make good early winter container
plants, but where I am they die off as it gets really cold and wet
during january. In London they seem to survive all winter in
windowboxes.
--
Kay