Old 21-11-2009, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default What is this plant...

"Nelly Wensdow" writes:

and how do I keep its flower buds from dropping? The buds are the same pink
color of a typical "Christmas cactus", but quite a bit smaller.

http://webpages.charter.net/slyrp/pl...plant_2871.JPG

Definitly Christmas Cactus.

It looks a bit scraggly. All of ours have wider leaves and are more
compact.

I water them once a week, keep them in a north facing window and
usually have flowers from November to May. The side facing the window
will start blooming so I turn it so we can see the flowers. Then it
will start blooming on the other side after a week or 2.

I've had some buds fall off but not a lot.