Old 23-11-2009, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jon[_9_] Jon[_9_] is offline

Default Grafting apples

On Nov 22, 10:37*pm, (Jim Jackson) wrote:
Rajinder Nijjhar wrote:
I did bud grafting couple of weeks ago and winter has set in. *It was a bit
difficult to uplift the bark but I did manage. *I will leave it for a month
as during the winter nothing is going to happen.

Most places recommend bud grafting in summer, not that I've done it - I've
stuck to scion wood grafting in early spring. It'll be interesting to know
how you get on.

Hi,

I like Jim thought you Chip Bud and “T” bud in the Summer. From what
I can understand this is the time when the bark is “slipping” and easy
to expose the cambium layer this is especially helpful when “T”
budding.

Again I thought you Winter graft your scion wood in Winter, late
February or there about’s.

Check these sites out, it may be of use.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distrib...re/DG0532.html

http://midfex.blip.tv/posts?view=archive

Good Luck

Gary.