Old 17-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Rachel

Default Common Lantana help? Novice gardener!

"B & J" wrote in message

What everyone has said in this discussion is that lantanas are an

extremely
easy plants to grow and will survive under all types of warm conditions. I
have a collection of variously colored lantanas (zone 6) that I enjoy and
keep from year to year.

Zone 6? I was just going to post and ask when my lantana "Miss Huff" might
show some new-season growth, demonstrating that it survived this past
winter. This is supposed to be the hardiest lantana, but only hardy to Zone
7. We're right on the border of 7a/6b on a West Virginia mountainside, so we
put it in the sunniest spot and chanced it. Now I don't know if it's dead,
or just waiting for warmer weather to sprout new growth.

Or, do you propagate from cuttings each season?