Old 26-11-2009, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Dogs and gardeners

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:04:30 -0500, "Dan L."
wrote:

In article ,
Boo wrote:

I am wondering what is the current protocol for jobbing gardeners who do
weekly maintenance in a garden that has dogs 'running free'? I have
recently had a problem with a large amount of dog mess in a client's
garden and wonder if it is just something we have to put up with? What
would other gardeners do? Leave? Say something? Put up with it?
Please help.

A fence.

Charge extra for scooping? There are actually poop scooping services
out there - you could see what they charge and add on the fee.

When it comes to the flower gardens and lawns, I leave the poop alone.
After a good rain or two its gone. I always wear boots and garden
gloves. Gloves are a must. Not just cheap brown cloth gloves. Get gloves
that have a rubber like material covering the fingers and palms. I have
seen too many gardeners with nail fungus. Boots get a hosing before I am
done.

Vegetable garden should have a fence around it. Dog poop bad news here.

If you want to get rid of the poop, bury it.
As for charging more, it depends on how bad you need the job or money.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.