Old 26-11-2009, 12:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_20_] Jonno[_20_] is offline

Default regarding environmental matters.

The truth is always surrounded by some mistruth.
You have to wade thru a lot of crap to get to the truth.
At least I was looking.
As far as the bad examples go, I can see the problems you have with the man
made climate change.
I would suppose some rubbish has been put in to discredit the other logical
stuff...
Its been done before.

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
The Chicken Little Award, a dubious achievement award given by the
National Anxiety Center to people and organizations that they
consider to be engaged in deliberately false, media-driven scare
campaigns regarding environmental matters.

http://www.anxietycenter.com/climate/main.htm

This site is only for those who care about truth.

I wonder if that is true. They start out with a reference to the
mythological and mystical doom that awaits us in 2012. This gets people
thinking about myths and media driven rubbish. This has nothing to do
with climate change but it is a good debating trick. The trick is called
guilt by association. It goes: A is rubbish, assume B is like A,
therefore B is rubbish.

They then go on to bring out the old climate change is caused by the sun
canard. Specifically in this case it is the sunspot cycle. While it is
thought that solar forcing is a component of climate change it is not the
only factor. Something has caused a cycle of ice ages and warmer periods
over millions of years - the sun. However the claim that the current
cycle of warming is entirely due to the sun has been roundly debunked.
The fact that they quote this Marusek as gospel and fail to even mention
there is a good case against him, much less explain the case against his
view, tells me that the author is not even handed and looking for truth
but pushing an agenda.

If it is or not, I dont know eather, but keep searching. This is my
input.

Well I suggest that you keep looking. So far all you are finding are
sites (such as the above and junkscience.com) run by contrarians and
lobbyists. Why won't you read anything by actual climate scientists?

David