Old 26-11-2009, 05:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_20_] Jonno[_20_] is offline

Default regarding environmental matters.

Well I suggest that you keep looking. So far all you are finding are
sites (such as the above and junkscience.com) run by contrarians and
lobbyists. Why won't you read anything by actual climate scientists?

David

The truth is always surrounded by some mistruth.
You have to wade thru a lot of crap to get to the truth.
At least I was looking.

More than many citizens are doing. Have you considered also reading
sources other than from contrarians and lobbyists?

David

If you could come up with something we may get there.

As was aid in the monty python sketch

An argument isnt simply about being contrary, which you your self are being
at times.

The trouble is, I believe in a lot of that stuff, as it does not involve
mass taxation.

It also involves a lot of scientists, who are no longer working for the
government it seems, and not covered by the secrets act or a financial
disadvantage if they dont toe the government line. It does concern me though
that some of these guys may not have been voluntarily retired, and have a
case of sour grapes.
But I would think the majority of them have their scientific data intact and
have no axe to grind.
Otherwise confusion reigns as we are the meat in the middle.
What if we are in a state of "overheating" which seems rather odd, as a lack
of warmth is usually the way the planet wipes itself out, but never
completely it seems.
What if its the reverse, IE global cooling.
If it is the sunspot cycle about to go into a flux reversal, and that means
a cooling period, or worse an ice age. What then?
No body knows, and all this sceince has ever done is eventually come up with
answers.
Its all very clear in hindsight.
Satelites, in many cases they dont even know what previous data hundreds of
years ago meant.
Al lthe scinetists ca ndo is take an less than educated guess.
Well the politicians are not above with running with anything they can use
to their advantage....