Old 25-11-2009, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Opinions on "Indoor Allotment" Idea

On 2009-11-25 19:27:18 +0000, "Pete Stockdale"
said:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Pete Stockdale" contains these words:

"Donwill" wrote in message
Something I hadn't thought about earlier is the insurance aspect, if
it's
horticultural glass as opposed to toughened
you might run in to problems there.

Highly likely that it will be horticultural glass.

I do not see what problems it should legitably raise though

I think you'll find allotments (or, the owner of the land ) require
public liability insurance;
and many allotment owners have children in tow. Horticultural glass is
thin and breaks into narrow shards
so would be a safety hazard.

I do not think that we are looking at a family outing project here
but more a project involving like minded horticulturalists.

But we are discussing hypotheticals here.

Perhaps R will come back with some clarification.

I would have thought however that public liability insurance only comes in
to play
when the location /event involves attendance by the public- not the workers.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

You won't get only the growers on allotments over time. At some point
families will visit, including young or small children. You'd probably
have to be insured against some idiot vandal cutting themselves when
they try to shatter all the glass with stones, or whatever.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com