Old 25-11-2009, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Mice blasted mice

On 2009-11-25 08:57:51 +0000, Aries
said:

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:04:28 +0000, Sacha wrote:

We've had a cock pheasant on the lawn scrounging peanuts, just
recently. They're shameless!

Beautiful tho. I love seeing them but not when they're pinching my seeds
!

Any veg we grow are for sale, so they're in pots in the greenhouses and
more in danger from stray mice, if any are around. I sometimes put out
sultanas for the pheasants, too and they get quite silly about them.

--

The old poachers used to soak sultanas in whisky and then collect up the
drunken pheasants when they either fell out of the trees or couldn't make it

Doesn't seem very sporting, does it?

Tina