Old 26-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Gardenjunkie Gardenjunkie is offline
Registered User

Location: S. E. England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Thank you for your replies, however, I may have not been clear. The dogs belong to the person who owns the garden I am working in. All English back gardens are fenced. I don't think there is a scooping service in Sussex, UK. The person does not walk the dogs, but just lets them into the garden, hence the mess. I have done as Dan says, rubber gloves, and now I wear wellies, to keep my boots and trousers clean. It is almost not worth the effort, however, as I have plenty of work. Many thanks.
Being an owner of 3 big dogs I find it outrageous that you are expected to work on someone’s property that has been fouled by dogs.

Dog poo is not nice stuff, even to a dog owner, it contains countless bacteria that can affect humans. So why should you work in this persons garden with dog poo?

Even wearing wellies and rubberised gloves is not complete protection!

I have recently had builders in to remove some hedging and erect a fence along with laying a greenhouse base and erecting a greenhouse. I have also had tree surgeons in to remove some trees and lop back others.

On all occasions I have made sure there is no dog poo where they would work and the dogs have been fenced off to keep them safe and don't forget, not all builders or tree surgeons are happy around dogs, especially big dogs.

I would not want to work where there is dog poo so I would not expect anyone else to have too.

So if I was you I would ask the owner to clear it up or just don't work there.

All the best
Gardenjunkie