Old 17-04-2003, 11:44 PM
John Savage

Default strawberry jar problems

"Jane" writes:
Hi group, I'm having strawberry jar problems. I never tried this before so
I'm not sure I planted them correctly. The top levels are doing fine but the
lowest ones are shriveling up and dying. What did I do wrong?

You have a tower of strawberry plants and the lower ones are dying?
Could it be that they are not getting the water, perhaps because the
soil is water resistant? Can you tilt the pot on its side and direct a
gentle stream of water in around the roots of each? Are the plants
going chrisp as they shrivel?
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)