Old 27-11-2009, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Dogs and gardeners

gardengal writes:

On Nov 26, 4:15*pm, Balvenieman wrote:
Boo wrote:
I have recently had a problem with a large amount of dog mess in a client's
garden and wonder if it is just something we have to put up with?

* * * * In my view, the presence of dogs in the garden is a clear
indication of their owner's regard for the garden as well as for the
person who tends it. It's time to move on and to be very clear about
your reasons for doing so.

What is this, the anti-dog forum?? Dogs and gardens can be perfectly
compatible as long as the dogs have ben properly trained and the
owners accept the responsibility for their pets.

Yes, I'm anti-dog. All it takes is a few dog bites to develop that
attitude.

But just for my information, as I understand it, a large dog needs to
run when let outside. If the dog runs on the grass, in a few days the
grass will be gone.

What kind of training do you use for dogs in your backyard? Do you
train them not to run at all, or just in selected places?