Old 27-11-2009, 09:30 PM posted to aus.gardens
ArSee ArSee is offline

Default regarding environmental matters.

"terryc" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:39:42 +0000, ArSee wrote:

A real scientist, not one with shares.

I'm sure you know who said it.

if you had any grasp on science you would know that consensus is not a
word that is used in the world of science. One thousand people could
support your theory or supposition, and one person can falsify it and
completely destroy it.

correcto.

Since the IPCC has observed in its 2001 report that of all the CO2 in
the
atmosphere, only 4% is of anthropogenic origin.

The point is whether that additional (and very rapidly) CO2 is the
tipping point to a greenhouse effect.

I'm sure some figures I've seen, state that the "greenhouse effect" has a
350 ppm window, after which (if this is correct)
The effect does not "runaway" at all.
Its stays a constant and increasing CO2 (of which man made CO2 is minor in
the creation of CO2 as nature does it much better) does not affect increased
temperature any more. So we could say we are at the highest point at the
moment.
But I stand to be corrected if anyone can do that without being pointed and
trying to discredit information I have found.

The figures I've read lately, appear we allready have that point.
But going on everything some sticklers here need to convince them, I havent
t he scientific sources. These are details
which are being bandied.
The term blinded by science seems to come to mind.
I think we have been, and the pidgeons are coming home to roost.