Old 28-11-2009, 11:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonthe Fly Jonthe Fly is offline

Default regarding environmental matters.

On 28/11/2009 9:03 PM, FarmI wrote:
wrote in message
Well at least theyre not as stupid as some who regard scientist as being
infallable.

Or even as stupid as someone who assumes that all scientists are fallible?

"FarmI"ask@itshall be given wrote in message
wrote in message
Resignations
a.. Tony Abbott
b.. Nick Minchin
c.. Sophie Mirabella
d.. Stephen Parry
e.. Eric Abetz
f.. Michael Johnson
g.. Tony Smith
h.. Judith Adams
i.. David Bushby
j.. Mathias Cormann
k.. Mitch Fifield
l.. Brett Mason
They cant agree either.
Youre not up to their class, and neither am I

What a ridiculous statement. The only difference between politicians and
the general public is that politicians have managed to get elected. And
given the stupidity of some of them, that isn't difficult if the party
machine is behind them.

At least they have someone behind them.
The party machine principle is one I disprove of too.
As far as having a legal background, there is profound evidence that
this creates mischief, in that they know how to avoid legal issues by
creation of issues that skirt what the law was meant to do in the first
place.
These people who I support in this one issue are at least willing to
stick their neck out, knowing what repercussions there would/could be.
Whether relating to political repercussions or not, I would say yes,
most likely. But the issue on the table is the one I'm concerned with.
One step at a time.

We can't trust scientists?
Scientific facts are assumptions that pass the scientific method that
later get disproven when new evidence is found.
And truth is absolute reality in harmony with all other truths in existence.
Scientists put forward theories which can be tested and hence proved,
disproved or revised. Any true scientist is open to their work being
challenged. This is called 'scientific method'.
It is dangerous to assume that you ever have all the answers, whatever
your position on evolution / the big bang / whatever.
We tend to slant science and situations to past history and test is
against what is happening now, or project it into the future.
This does not always work So we have theories.
We are still testing the theory of relativity. It appears to fit.