Old 29-11-2009, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Is it just

madgardener writes:
my holly bush has red berries
on it.....there are still mum's blooming and my Black and Blue salvia
still has flowers as well. Some glazed pots of sedums are blooming
all over themselves but no bumblies to pollinate and enjoy the late
bounty. All the California poppy seeds I sowed have germinated and
have their fourth set of ferny leaves. Hens and chicks haven't
hunkered down for winter, and as of now, November 28th, I still
haven't brought inside the few cacti and succulents and tender African
plants I have remaining for winter. They're sitting in their holding
area sulking after the unexpected frost we got night before last (they
were covered in several sheets......but cold concrete is still cold
concrete regardless of sheltering by a roof and part of a house from
just being totally exposed. (a covered car porch of sorts next to the
actual house).

madgardener gardening in zone 7 Sunset zone unknown yet ducking
behind a crape myrtle

Here in NJ, the hollys have red berries but all the other leaves are
on the ground.

1 day before Thanksgiving we had open flowers on the Christmas Cactus.

See, even the Christmas Cactus is rushing the season.

This fall, I found 4 holly tree volunteers all in one spot. I dug them
up and moved them to a more protected spot.

I've been putting Holly seeds in the ground over the last few years with
no success so far. Still wondering why I found 4 at once, they were
growing under a Dog Wood where I had some cedar mulch.