Old 29-11-2009, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Is it just

"Gardenjunkie" wrote in message

And are Garden Centres now just retail outlets for seasonal goodies?

Go to a Garden Center for something to do with gardening and what do
you find. Millions of Christmas trees, no roots so you can't plant
them, rows of shelves full of Christmas decorations, stacks of tacky so
called Christmas presents.

My local garden centre looks nothing like that. No decorations, no trees no
sign of Christmas.

But not a seed tray, pot or compost in sight.

All those things are exactly where they should be in the ones I've been to.
Perhaps you just live in the wrong hemisphere?

Here it's peak planting time so there are seeds and seedlings in abundance,
bags of fertilser of all varieties to be chosen from, pots and potting mixes
ans plants, plants and more plants. All gardeners are busy planting and
gardening and by doing that we keep the garden centres focussed on what they
should be doing which is garden related stuff.