Old 29-11-2009, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Can somebody explain?

"'Mike'" wrote
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

No chance to get on our soil now, it's too wet and trying to work it will
compact it so it would take a couple of years to get back to friable. Need a
few weeks of sun and wind to dry it out first.
Not being a gardener yourself you probably don't understand that you have to
know your soil and work it accordingly. It's why some questions here get
differing answers from different areas of the country.

Rain. High Wind. Dark. Not suitable to get in the garden OK?

One would expect the 'gardeners' of the site to be busy with
questions/moans/prospects/plans/'personal emails' etc, but no. Hardly any
traffic at all.

Too busy with stuff we should have done in the summer but were gardening
instead. :-)

Real Gardeners? What does that mean? Some might say you have to be
professional to be a real gardener but then I've met some professionals that
know diddly squat about anything but their narrow area of expertise.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden