Old 17-04-2003, 11:56 PM
jammer

Default Aphids, black spot, and mulch, etc.

On 17 Apr 2003 22:38:01 GMT, Daniel Hanna
wrote:

Planting garlic, onions or chives (alliums) with your roses will repel
aphids and spider mites. Some people claim it will also control
blackspot and powdery mildew, but I can't vouch for that.

I wouldn't vouch for the garlic, onions and chives either! Chives in
particular can attract black aphids.

There seems to be great contraversy about this! I find one site that
says yes and the next says no. It's 50/50 so i haven't a freakin' clue
as to if it would be worth the time and expense. I really think i will
try soap solutions before anything else, as far as aphids. I sprayed
them off last night and the tips are covered again today. They are
working on the new buds, darn it.